Places to go; Things to see

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Challenging Myself

Run With Jess is hosting a weight loss challenge, only it is a bit different to the normal challenges. Run by dietbet, everyone puts in to the pot and at the end of four weeks those that have lost 4% of their orginal weight get a slice of the pot!

Round two is starting on Monday 28th January and I have signed up for it!
Run with Jess
I know I always say that I suck at challenges, but I want to try this one as it is not able coming first to win a prize, it is about losing some weight, and if I happen to loose the required amount, than I can get my money back and if not everyone looses enough weight, I may even get a little extra back as well!

I am giving it a go and will see what happens :)

It has to be better than how I am going at the moment!

This summer cold I have is still persisting, mostly it is just a cough and a bit of a sore throat. I didn't exercise on Thursady or Friday, but I have done a thirty minute walk this morning. Due to my hip I can't get back to jogging yet, but it is probably a good thing, because if I was allowed to, I probably would have tried to run and that would not have helped my health!

Food wise, though I am not doing so well! Whenever I am sick, I always eat crap! Crap, crap and more crap! Yesterday luch consisted of crackerrs and dip with a side of cheezels!

And I have no one to blame but myself, I bought it, I picked it up and I ate it! Worse still, is that when dinner time came around I was not hungry due to all the crap I ate, so I went to bed with mo dinner. On one hand, I am fine with that as I obviously didn't need any more calories, on the other, that is a bad habit because I wake up hungry but can't eat anything so it leads to another day of bad eating....yes, this morning after the gym I ate the rest of the cheezels, please don't hate me.

I then felt so sick with myself, that I have now thrown out all the remaining crap that is in the house, and have determined to start with a clean slate from now on in, but deep down, I know that this is only a temperary mindset and before long the demons that haunt me we come back and try to test my resolve to stay away from the crap food!

Food addictions are the worst thing on earth!!! I wish there was a pill that could cure that addiction!

And look this has turned into another pity party! Sorry it wasn't meant to get so dark, my brain took over and look what happened!

Enjoy your weekend and be active, as far as I can tell it is the only thing that helps beat the dreaded food addiction demon, at least up to a point!

4 comments:

  1. If you find a pill for food adiction let me know.
    Minor setbacks happen to the best of us, but we get up, dust ourselves off and get back on track hopfully having learned from the setback.
    Good luck with the challenge, I hope your hip feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That challenge sounds like a really good one! You have noone to worry about but yourself! Cheezels are devils food! I am the same, I tend to get on a bad track with my mindset and can't get off it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome challenge! Get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree....I always eat crap when I feel like crap. Hate that! Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete