Places to go; Things to see

Monday, January 14, 2013

Summer cold & a weigh in

Week 147 post-op weigh in,
Starting weight: 151.9kg / 334.9lb
Last weigh in: 106.9 kg / 235.7 lb
Current weight: 107.4 kg / 236.8 lb
Change: gain of 0.5 kg / 1.1 lb
Total Weight Lost to Date: 44.5 kg / 98.1 lb

I haven't weighed in since just before New Year and I just knew that I have put weight on since then, so I guess I am just glad it is only half a kilo :P I am guessing it was higher, but the exercise has helped!

I have to tell you that I am still really enjoying the jogging. I don't want to jinx myself, but I actually think I will enjoy running! I did the same as I did on Saturday, jogged for as long as possible and then walked to recovery before jogging again. Today I did 3.01 km in 30 minutes, that is 0.14 km further than what I did on Saturday, so even though it is only two days, I am impressed with what I am accomplishing! And that is a new feeling for me!

The only down point is that I am getting a bit of a summer cold, sore throat and a chesty cough has started, but I am going to try not to let it get in my way of my new fitness start! Even if I ease up and just walk for the 30 minutes for a few days! I do not want what usually happens when I get sick, I stop everything, eat crap and then it takes my another month to start up again!

If I get sick enough that I do have to stop, I will, but I am hoping that it won't get to that.

Okay, I am tired and can do with the rest so that I don't get too sick; enjoy whatever is left of your Monday and have a great week!!

5 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better quick! That can really put a damper on your running fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't love running by the husband just convinced me to do a 10K in the fall! Gives me plenty of time to train I guess, but I still don't love it!
    Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are enjoying the run! that's the important thing is to have something we enjoy that we can see ourselves doing for the long haul.

    Feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the run!! Hope the cold gets better fast so you can get out there and continue to train.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Sam! Keep it up... have you set yourself a challenging running goal? (like maybe completing a 10km run in the next few months??? You can do it, and it is a real buzz when you realise how far you've come... (I was close to tears when I lined up at the start of the one I did last year!).

    ReplyDelete