Places to go; Things to see

Monday, April 8, 2013

Working on it

After my last post I have been doing a lot of thinking and I have come up with a plan of attack...

My Plan

Exercise - 30 minutes every day
Morning is best, I can get in the thirty minutes in the morning before work!

I need to just get up at 5:00am and go to the gym instead of reading or fiddling with games for an hour and a half!

If I do miss a session my back up plan is to either walk to the station if it is not raining or at the very least stretching and cardio at home - I have enough magazines to get a thirty minute workout plan going!!!

Sundays will still remain the day or the big walks with my friend from work.

RDO - besides gym session, also have a swimming session, search for a swimming workout so that you have something to work towards when you go!

Rest - need at least 7 hours very night

This means in bed asleep by 10pm and no staying up all night reading or playing!

Water!!!
Two litres every day without fail - you know you feel better with it

Food - the biggest challenge so far
~ After workout I need a piece of cheese or small piece of fruit
~ Coffee and yoghurt for breakfast
~ Lunch to be protein and vege everyday - need to take this as the sushi is not a healthy option and I tend to want to eat more after it.
~ Dinner needs to be healthy protein and vege again

~ Snacks to be limited to fruit or cheese or protein but no more than 100 calories!

Treats
These are to be limited to once a week. And only one meal!

How to combat this...
~ Work morning teas - there is usually fruit or vege sticks, so eat those only, if there isn't that option don't eat any thing, you do not need it and you want to get to goal!
~ Weekend outings with family or friends - unless it is the one meal a week, stick to a healthy protein and salad or vege, but stay away from excessive carbs.

Alcohol
Also need to limit this to once a week and only to two glasses.

How this will work - you can still go out, but it you want to drink you have to eat healthy, if you want to eat a free meal, drink water or no calorie drinks, if it is an event that you want the free meal and drinks, remember that there is only one a week, so don't plan more events. And if there are times when you need more than one event a week you need to earn those extra calories and get them in before the event so that you don't just skip over them!

Over all I need to:
Stay under 1200 calories a day, this includes free meals!
Get at least 7 hours sleep
Exercise at least 30 minutes EVERYDAY
Drink water all day; every day
Treats are not treats if you have them all the time - once a week is plenty!!

All basic stuff, but basic is what I need, too complicated and I am doomed to fail before I start. I think the hardest part is the daily exercise - just getting started is the hardest.

Do you know what I love to image though?

I love imaging that exercise is a regular part of my life, that I get up for a run in the morning, that I look forward to competing in a mud run, I really want to do one of those!!!

And that is what I have to think about in the mornings when I just want to hit the snooze button! What I need to do is this....

Stop dreaming, Start doing!!!

If I stick to my guns, I those dreams have a chance of becoming true and that is something to aim for!

I will keep you posted on how I go! And thanks for the prompt Deirdre, I think I was scared to post again, because I didn't have anything new to report, your comment got me thinking that I had made progress, I just haven't put it in place, but today was a start on it. And thank you to everyone else that commented.

It goes to show how important comments and support shown by others is for all of us to succeed, so I think I will go and offer some support of my own.

8 comments:

  1. You can do it Sam! The first "step" is always the hardest, but takes you far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You CAN do it! I started getting up at 5:30 a.m. At first I was only taking a 15 minute walk, and that seemed like a lot. Now I'm up to a 30 minute walk and adding in some jogging. I'm still a big girl, but my heart says to just do it. I LOVE my mornings now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can definitely do it! Having a plan is so important, it will really keep you moving forward. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could take a lesson from those tips! I got so used to being able to have treats every day when I was too tight to eat real food, that it's become a habit. Trouble is, now I am able to eat real food, and want the treats too! That must stop.
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to see your post. I'm glad I was able to push you (gently) back to the blogg world.
    Your plan looks inccredible. I have faith in you that you can do this and remember should you have a bad day, it is just that a bad day- do not let it get you down just start over fresh the next day. You are worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear from you again!

    You ahve a lot on that plan. Maybe start with just one or two to focus on and add more each week so you don't feel too overwhelmed?

    ReplyDelete